LAPIDARY & SILVERSMITHING INTENSIVE: Open Studio, Advanced Instruction – G21A0123WI
Open to New Mexico residents and out-of-state residents who have quarantined in NM for 14 days prior to arrival at the ranch.
An intensive class with open use of the silversmith and lapidary jewelry studio, with optional silversmith and lapidary coaching and instruction. The class is for students who already have basic silversmith skills and wish to work independently. Studio work will be supplemented by demonstrations, discussions and guest instructors. Lapidary and silver channel inlay instruction will be provided to interested students. Students will leave the class with wearable jewelry art.
Reserve your spot with a $200 deposit. Click blue button (upper right).
Dates: Sunday-Friday, January 10-22, 2021 (12 nights)
Rate: $2,195 + additional fees for silver purchases
Includes: (12) nights lodging, 38 meals, + studio space/tuition
2nd person in the same room taking same course or different course – $1,295
2nd person in the same room not taking a course/Non-Participant – $495
During this Covid-19 period, participants are asked to bring their own supplies to limit touchpoint and sharing.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS EVENT
Please use the options below to find helpful information regarding Ghost Ranch Workshops and Retreats
Virtual Events: Payments made for Virtual Events are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend the event, recordings will be made available to you after the event. For events with multiple sessions, every attempt will be made to make the session(s) available to you before the next scheduled session.
In-Person Events: During this Covid-19 pandemic period, written notification must be received no later than 45 days prior to the start date of your workshop in order to receive a refund, minus a $100 processing charge. No refunds will be processed after that time. We reserve the right to announce a change in leadership or cancel any program 45 days prior to the first day of the workshop. In that event, you may transfer to another workshop without charge or we will refund the full workshop payment. Many participants have found it helpful to purchase travel insurance. This cancellation policy does not apply to January term. If the cancellation is Covid-related and is received less than 45 days prior to your start date, your funds will be left on deposit for another ghost ranch workshop or future stay or you can make it a full donation to support us through this unique business period.
Click here to see a full list of FAQs
What day/time does the workshop start and end?
In-person workshops begin with check-in at 3:00 p.m. and a ranch orientation in the evening on the first date listed for the course and end at 10:00 a.m. with checkout on the last date listed.
Virtual workshops will have a varied schedule that is identified within each workshop description.
What is double occupancy and single occupancy lodging?
- During Covid-19 periods, all lodging types will be single occupancy at no additional charge. Of course, you can share a room with a spouse, partner, family or other person that shares your full-time residence.
- All-inclusive rates include double occupancy lodging, meaning that we will have two participants per room in most cases.If you do not specify a roommate, you will be assigned a roommate of the same gender
- In the off-season (late October-May), participants may choose to upgrade to single occupancy lodging for an additional $50 per night. Guarantee single occupancy lodging by paying the single occupancy upgrade.
- During our busy summer seasons, late June-July and late September-early October, participants who register alone should expect to have a roommate assigned to their room. In some limited circumstances, a single occupancy upgrade will be available at $100 per night.
What is the difference between a room with private bath, a room with semi-private or shared bath, and a room with communal/dorm bath?
Private refers to the type of bathroom, not single occupancy
- During Covid-19, all rooms will have a private bath. Semi-private and Communal/dorm types will be assigned a bathroom for each person.
- Private: There is a bathroom in that one room that is not shared between or with any other rooms.
- Semi-private/shared: There is a bathroom between two rooms that is shared by the occupants of the two adjoining rooms.
- Communal/dorm: There is a communal bathroom/showers in the lodging building (or in a proximate building, for some upper mesa dorm rooms), and participants will need to exit their room to reach these facilities.