Share a joyful week of worship, singing, composing, and learning in community with Conie Borchardt, Sylvia Miller-Mutia, David Poole, and Paul Vasile. Together we’ll explore the ancient and new practice of paperless (oral/aural tradition) music leadership, sharing songs as people did before music or words were written down.
- Learn leadership skills and strategies for sharing paperless songs in your community;
- Build a repertoire of songs that can be led with groups of varied ages and musical experiences;
- Worship and reflect in community, deepening into spaces of listening and mutual support;
- Compose paperless music to share with your community; – Develop your skills through small groups and one-on-one coaching;
- Connect with like-minded leaders and find resources for creative worship and liturgy;
- Explore how the energy we create through singing affects what we do in worship as a whole, as well as other parts of our human lives;
Music that Makes Community is a non-profit organization working with ecumenical communities and leaders to empower and liberate communities? spiritual life through singing. For over ten years we have developed and shared music leadership practices grounded in a theology of welcome and generosity for the benefit of musicians, clergy, and lay leaders throughout the United States and Canada. Our hope is that MtMC offerings supplement and enhance what congregations already do, offering repertoire and leadership skills that support vibrant, communal music making.
that our workshop price structure packages your tuition, course materials, lodging and meals together in a single rate. Prices are presented for each of the types of lodging available for the workshop you select. Some art workshops will have an additional list of course materials and supplies that can be purchased or you will be asked to bring with you.
- Note: Some courses (especially studio courses and plein air painting courses) can carry an additional material list or expense.
All rates are Per Person, Double Occupancy
unless otherwise specified.
Single occupancy rooms may be reserved for an additional $50 per night for rooms with communal bath, $100 per night for rooms with private or shared bath when space is available. The fee will be charged when space is confirmed. Single occupancy lodging is generally not available during June and July. If you are a single person and do not specify a roommate, a roommate of the same gender will be assigned to share your lodging space.
For more information or if you would like to attend this workshop, but do not need lodging, please call the Registrar's Office at 505.685.1017 ext 4155 or toll-free at 877.804.4678 — available Sunday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. MST.
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: registrar@GhostRanch.org.
- Register by telephone at 505.685.1017 or toll-free at 877.804.4678 — available Thursdays - Mondays, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. MST.