The National Ghost Ranch Foundation Board is a diverse group of people representing the many interests, cultures and talents of our guests.
- Mark Hostetter New York, NY – Board Chairman
- Tom Arenberg Santa Fe, NM
- Connie Brakebill Friendswood, TX
- Mary Ann Bumgarner Tulsa, OK
- Pam Coleman Santa Fe, NM
- Marcella Glass Boise, ID
- Jon Hall Alexandria, MN
- Rachel Hamilton Atlanta, GA
- Lynne Hohlfeld Austin, TX
- Charles Jaynes Albuquerque, NM
- Bill Major Tulsa, OK
- Geoff Mather Albuquerque, NM
- Donald Serrano Santa Fe, NM
- Leah Swearingen San Diego, CA
- Kathy Trott Woodland, CA
- Lawrence Willis Newport News, VA
- Herb Valentine Perryville, MD
By Virtue of Office
- Marilee Hopkins Chicago, IL
- Mary Martinez Abiquiu, NM Ghost Ranch Acting Executive Director
- Brian Frick Parkville, MO PMA Camp Conference Center Associate
- Greg Rousos Jeffersonville, IN Presbyterian Foundation Staff
- Angela Duffy Jeffersonville, IN Presbyterian Foundation Staff
NEW LEGAL STRUCTURE for Ghost Ranch
Ghost Ranch was donated to the Board of Christian Education (BCE) in 1955, and during the majority of the time since then, the management of the Ranch was under the Presbyterian Mission Agency (PMA) and its predecessors by legal agreement with the BCE.
Effective January 1, 2017, the legal agreement for operations of the Ranch will move from the PMA to the nonprofit entity of the National Ghost Ranch Foundation (NGRF) dba Ghost Ranch. (See chart.) The current Governing Board of Ghost Ranch and several officers of the former NGRF will become the Governing Board of NGRF and the majority of the fundraising volunteers of the former NGRF will become fundraising volunteers of a new Friends of Ghost Ranch auxiliary.
Please note that the property in Abiquiu remains under the ownership of the BCE/Presbyterian Foundation as it has always been and that there is a continued missional alignment with the Presbyterian Church USA; only the administrative management function is changing. This new structure will enable operating efficiencies for both the PMA and NGRF/Ghost Ranch. It does, however, require that Ghost Ranch, more than ever, remain financially sustainable each and every year as there is no longer a line of credit from the PMA. View flow chart of the current structure.
We thank you, our faithful and generous donors, and invite you to continue to be part of the exciting legacy of Ghost Ranch through your annual fund donations and if you are able, through an additional transitional giving opportunity that will ensure our financial success in the new year and in this new day. Please make your charitable donations payable to National Ghost Ranch Foundation, with Annual Fund or Transitional Giving Fund in the memo line; contributions that are mailed should be mailed to our official county address of 280 Private Road 1708, Abiquiu NM 87510. Arrangements for contributions of stock, IRA distributions, charitable trusts or monthly/ongoing donations through credit cards can be made by contacting Mary Martinez.
Any questions may be directed to Debra Hepler, Executive Director (505-685-1000 ext. 4142) or Mary Martinez, Fund Development Manager (505-685-1000 ext. 4148.)