Ghost Ranch is located 65 miles northwest of Santa Fe (forty miles beyond Española) on U.S. 84 between mile markers 224 and 225.
Physical Address: 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM, 87510-2001.
GPS Coordinates: to our front gate are N-36.314 latitude and W-106.482 longitude.
Google Maps: Use 280 Private Drive 1708, Highway 84, Abiquiu, NM 87510-2001 as the address.
MapQuest: Use 1709A Highway 84, Abiquiu, NM 87510-2001 as the address.
If you are driving north from Española, stay on Highway 84 until you pass the Abiquiu Reservoir/Lake. The gate is on your right about 7 to 10 minutes after you first see the lake on your left.
TRAVEL DATES & CHECK-IN
Check-In: The first and last dates listed are considered travel days. Check-in begins at 3:00 p.m. on the first date listed for your workshop with dinner at 5:30 p.m., followed by a Ghost Ranch orientation.
Check-Out: 10:00 a.m. on the last date listed for your workshop.
Dinner is served from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. If you don’t think you will arrive by 6:00 p.m., please consider eating dinner in Española.
Most workshops have morning (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.) and evening (7:00-8:30 p.m.) sessions, with afternoons free. Weekend and shorter workshop offerings may meet more frequently. Some workshops offer optional afternoon studio time or an occasional field trip. These are noted in the workshop description.
IF YOU DRIVE
Please see these instructions if driving to Ghost Ranch:
From Santa Fe
- Take US 84/285 North to Española (approx. 25 miles).
- Upon descending the hill into Espanola, get into the LEFT lane. Very shortly after entering Española city limits you will see signs for ’84 N. TRUCK ROUTE’,
- Turn LEFT onto the 84 N. Truck Route, and move into the RIGHT lane.
- Proceed to LOS ALAMOS HIGHWAY and turn RIGHT and get into the LEFT lane.
- Turn LEFT at the next intersection with the traffic lights, this again will be 84 North.
- Ghost Ranch is 14 miles northwest of Abiquiu.
- Continue on 84 North until you pass Abiquiu Lake on the left of Highway 84 between mile markers 224 and 225. Due to traffic and possible construction, etc., allow at least 1 and 1/2 hours travel time.
- Take State Road 68 south to Española (approximately 35 miles).
- In Española follow signs for US 84 North.
- Take a right turn to go over any of the three (3) bridges over the Rio Grande, following the signs toward Abiquiu or Chama.
- Again, look for Ghost Ranch, on the right off US 84 North, 14 miles northwest of Abiquiu between mile markers 224 and 225.
- Due to traffic and possible construction, etc., allow at least 2 hours travel time.
- Take US 84 south towards Abiquiu. The entrance to Ghost Ranch is approximately on your left off US 84 between mile markers 225 and 224.
- Allow at least 1 hour and 20 to 25 minutes travel time.
IF YOU FLY
The nearest major airport is in Albuquerque, 65 miles south of Santa Fe. It is approximately an hour’s drive from Albuquerque to Santa Fe and an hour and a half between Santa Fe and Ghost Ranch. Allow at least two and a half hours driving time between Albuquerque and Ghost Ranch (not counting connections or waiting time).
Albuquerque Sunport Airport
The nearest major airport is the Albuquerque Sunport, 130 miles south of Ghost Ranch. There are several car rental agencies located at the airport – click here for more information.
Transportation between the Albuquerque Airport and Santa Fe Sage Inn
- Roadrunner Shuttle (van) 505.424.3367 rideroadrunner.com
- Groome Shuttle Service (van) 1.505.474.5696 www.groometransportation.com
- Rail Runner (train service between the Albuquerque Airport and Santa Fe) 1.866.795.7245 www.nmrailrunner.com A shuttle bus takes you from the Albuquerque Airport to the Albuquerque Train Station where you transfer to the Rail Runner Train. Ride the Rail Runner north to the Santa Fe Depot which is two blocks north of the Santa Fe Sage Inn. The Santa Fe Pickup has free shuttle service which runs every 15 minutes (depending upon traffic). Monday–Friday 6:30 a.m. til 6:30 p.m.; Saturday 7:30 a.m. til 4:30 p.m.
- Albuquerque Airport (car rental) www.rentalcars.com (see How to get here for directions)
Please see these options for Shuttle Service:
For Enrolled Guests
Workshop Shuttle Service Santa Fe to Ghost Ranch & Return to Santa Fe
Pick-up & drop-off location: The Sage Hotel (formerly The Santa Fe Sage Inn)
Transportation is offered from Santa Fe to Ghost Ranch for guests who are registered for a Ghost Ranch workshop or retreat. Shuttle service is provided only on the day of arrival, the first afternoon of the program week and on the day of departure, the last day of the program. Getting to Santa Fe from Albuquerque by shuttle.
We are pleased to continue our partnership with The Sage Hotel, a lodging option close to the Rail Runner depot and the historic Plaza. The Sage Hotel has inviting contemporary Southwestern-style rooms with special rates for a stay in Santa Fe on the way to or from the ranch. Call 505.982.5952 for reservations. Ask for the “Ghost Ranch” rate. You can also book directly from this link-The Sage Hotel.
- Shuttle Pick up & Drop off Times for Program Guests per Season
- See registration form for current rates.
First day of program Picks up at The Sage Hotel to Ghost Ranch – 4:00 p.m.
- Last day of program Departs Ghost Ranch for The Sage Hotel – 9:00 a.m.
If you are arriving a day early or staying a day later than your program dates, and need shuttle transportation, please contact White Buffalo Shuttle Service at http://whitebuffaloshuttle.us.
For Non-Enrolled Guests
If you are NOT enrolled in a workshop or retreat, here are some transportation options for getting to Ghost Ranch:
- North Central Regional Transit District: 866.206.0754 http://www.ncrtd.org/
- White Buffalo Specialty Shuttle Service: 831.359.8077 http://whitebuffaloshuttle.us
Please don't hesitate to give us a call or drop an email:
280 Private Drive 1708 Abiquiu, NM 87510
Mon - Fri: 9am - 4pm
Open for Day Visits by Reservation Only
See Tours/Trail Rides or Covid Update page