THINGS TO KNOW
THINGS TO KNOW
WHAT TO BRING
What to bring when you are coming for the day:
- Casual clothes for layering, a jacket or sweater for evenings; sturdy, comfortable walking shoes
- Rain gear and an umbrella
- Protection from the sun: hat, sunscreen, water bottle
- Small day pack to carry water bottle and snacks if you plan to hike
- Bug repellent
- June through August – Swimming suit – our pool is outdoor and seasonal, open most afternoons to day guests for a fee
- And please remember your camera. You’ll want to capture memories of your stay.
What to bring when you are coming for an overnight stay – everything above, plus:
- Please remember to bring a sufficient supply of medications for your stay
- Things for your room: an alarm clock, a hair dryer if you use one
- Swimming suit – our pool is outdoor and seasonal, but you may want to book a soak at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs which is down the road
- Toiletries (but don’t worry if you forget something, we have supplies in the Trading Post)
- Your favorite book (If you forget, you can always find something in the Library)
It’s always best to check several times before you trip. You can check the weather here: Abiquiu Weather Forecast, NM
CELL PHONE COVERAGE
Cell phone signal is strong at the entrance to Ghost Ranch by the City Slickers cabin, but it is inconsistent everywhere else on the Ranch. You may want to let your friends and family know that coverage is inconsistent.
In case of any emergency, please let family and friends that you may be reached by calling 505.685.1000 ext. 0.
The signal also gets lost in the red rock area just south of Ghost Ranch so you may not be able to call the ranch when you are nearing it, about the last 20 minutes as you approach from the south.
There are a few Wi-Fi hot spots for internet connections around the ranch. Service is sometimes intermittent and slow due to satellite and weather conditions.
- Welcome Center Lobby
Please don't hesitate to give us a call or drop an email:
280 Private Drive 1708 Abiquiu, NM 87510
9am - 4pm Wednesday - Sunday
Closed Monday - Tuesday (Temporary)