Classic Black & White Photography at Ghost Ranch – G210616
This workshop will provide participants an opportunity to experience photography from taking a picture to the final print.
If you are interested in developing and printing film in a darkroom, seeing how the old family camera works, or need to brush up on forgotten skills, this class is for you.
Our well-equipped darkroom facility is well ventilated, swamp-cooled, and can handle 35 mm through 4×5 film. All levels of experience welcome, from beginner to advanced.
The class will include:
– Hikes in and around Ghost Ranch, taking photographs and enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
– In class, real-time, and one-on-one instruction on taking photographs, camera techniques, darkroom processes, and more.
– Hands-on experience to learn, develop and/or hone your skills.
– Goal is for each participant to complete a minimum of three photographs to start or add to their collection of work.
We have a few loaner cameras and tripods if needed. Three rolls of film are included in the class fee; bring more if you like as well as your 35mm and/or medium format camera. Fee $100 for black and white chemistry, paper, 3 rolls of film, and other essential items
Rates – week of June 6-12 (6 nights)
Includes 6 nights single occupancy lodging, meal package (arrival dinner through departure breakfast), course tuition + basic Materials Fee | This course carries an additional $100 Materials Fee
Private Bath – $1,565
Dorm/Communal Bath – $1,325 (limited # available)
+ Additional person(s) in the same room
Taking a course -$815 (includes meal package + tuition + basic Materials Fee) | This course carries an additional $100 Materials Fee
Non Participant – $230 (includes meal package + conservation fee)
Commuter (lunches & dinners included + tuition + basic Materials Fee) $775 | This course carries an additional $100 Materials Fee
Rio Arriba County resident – $675
Camping Rates | This course carries an additional $100 Materials Fee
Tent without electricity with Meals – $995
Tent without electricity without Meals – $790
Tent/Small RV with Electricity or Full Hook Up with Meals – $1,055
Tent/Small RV with Electricity or Full Hook Up without Meals – $850
+ Additional person(s) Sharing a Campground Space | This course carries an additional $100 Materials Fee
Taking a course + meals – $815
Taking a course without meals – $615
Non Participant with meals – $225
Non Participant without meals – $25
During this Covid-19 period, participants are asked to bring their own supplies (hand sanitizer, water bottle) to limit touchpoint and sharing.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS EVENT
Please use the options below to find helpful information regarding Ghost Ranch Workshops and Retreats
Virtual Events: Payments made for Virtual Events are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend the event, recordings will be made available to you after the event. For events with multiple sessions, every attempt will be made to make the session(s) available to you before the next scheduled session.
In-Person Events: During this Covid-19 pandemic period, written notification must be received no later than 45 days prior to the start date of your workshop in order to receive a refund, minus a $100 processing charge. No refunds will be processed after that time. We reserve the right to announce a change in leadership or cancel any program 45 days prior to the first day of the workshop. In that event, you may transfer to another workshop without charge or we will refund the full workshop payment. Many participants have found it helpful to purchase travel insurance. This cancellation policy does not apply to January term. If the cancellation is Covid-related and is received less than 45 days prior to your start date, your funds will be left on deposit for another ghost ranch workshop or future stay or you can make it a full donation to support us through this unique business period.
Click here to see a full list of FAQs
What day/time does the workshop start and end?
In-person workshops begin with check-in at 3:00 p.m. and a ranch orientation in the evening on the first date listed for the course and end at 10:00 a.m. with checkout on the last date listed.
Virtual workshops will have a varied schedule that is identified within each workshop description.
During Covid safety period - single occupancy lodging is the standard
- During Covid-19 periods, all lodging types will be single occupancy at no additional charge. Of course, you can share a room with a spouse, partner, family or another person that shares your full-time residence. The extra folks that share a room will pay for workshop registration fees and meals.
What is the difference between a room with private bath, a room with semi-private or shared bath, and a room with communal/dorm bath?
Private refers to the type of bathroom, not single occupancy
- During Covid-19, all rooms will have a private bath. Semi-private and Communal/dorm types will be assigned a bathroom for each person.
- Private: There is a bathroom in that one room that is not shared between or with any other rooms.
- Semi-private/shared: There is a bathroom between two rooms that is shared by the occupants of the two adjoining rooms.
- Communal/dorm: There is a communal bathroom/showers in the lodging building (or in a proximate building, for some upper mesa dorm rooms), and participants will need to exit their room to reach these facilities.