VIRTUAL: Navigating Life’s Passages: Wisdom for Times of Crisis and Possibility
This workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Throughout our lives we experience many transitions — passages between one social role and another, passages between stages in our development throughout the human lifespan, and passages that mark significant growth opportunities at whatever lifestage we are in. And now the coronavirus pandemic is thrusting the entire human family into a powerful collective transition that carries with it the potential for the personal and societal transformation that is urgently needed if humanity, and the planet that supports us, are to survive and thrive.
Significant transitions always have the feeling of crisis, with old ways of seeing ourselves and our lives being shed in order to create the space for new potential to emerge. Transitions are life’s way of catalyzing and supporting our growth as human beings and as contributing members of the communities and larger society we live in. However, being thrust into a life passage, or even inviting a passage, does not automatically mean that we will grow into the possibilities of a new stage. Successfully moving and growing through change—as opposed to trying futilely to hold on to a past that no longer supports true aliveness—requires that certain dynamics be recognized, honored and supported.
In this course, we will explore these dynamics of transition and the importance to our wellbeing of working with these dynamics as they seek to unfold in us. There will be special, but certainly not exclusive, focus on the transition from mid-life adulthood into elderhood. In these four sessions, Ron will share understandings, practices and rituals from the world’s wisdom traditions that will support your journey through your personal transitions and through the huge transition that coronavirus is catalyzing in the human family.
This interactive course will consist of four, 2 ½ hour sessions and will include suggested practices, rituals and reflections to engage with between sessions. Some of the course’s key themes include:
- Practices and rituals for releasing and healing the past
- Understanding the neutral zone and working with this difficult in-between time
- Hearing the voice of guidance in times of feeling lost
- The power of intentionality as we move into new beginnings
- The dynamics of life transition
- Trusting the transition process
- Rituals for letting go
- Hearing the voice of guidance as new beginnings begin to emerge
- Supporting new beginnings with purpose and intentionality
- The power of community in supporting our passages through transition
- The spiritual dimensions of transition