…Hope to See You Soon
, FAQ’s & Coronavirus Updates as of 7/28
Our apologies, we are experiencing telephone difficulties. Thank you for your patience.
As of July 28th, we are now open seven days a week, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Museums included. Meals are available with advanced ticket purchase in the Welcome Center/Trading Post. Please note, construction on Highway 84 at mile marker 214 will begin 7/28 and may delay your route. Please plan accordingly if possible.
- We continue to ask day visitors to reserve in advance – this helps us prepare for your visit and saves time upon arrival. Walk-ins are invited if space is available. Help us avoid a difficult moment by reserving online ahead of time.
- Limited wi-fi and cell phone signal available at the Ghost Ranch gate – reserve in advance. The reservation list will be checked at the gate. We will follow state mandates and CDC guidelines for face mask use and social distance. Please honor our site requests, be kind to staff and help us stay safe.
- Click Here to SUBMIT PREFERRED LODGING AND CAMPING DATES form Booking an Overnight Lodging or camping stay. Please use this link to fill in a form with your preferred dates. This will help us better identify availability.
- Day Passes – Book Below – A $10 per person fee includes entry to museums and access to most hiking trails. Rio Arriba County residents and children under 17 are free.
- The Trading Post will be open and drinks and small snacks are available.
- The Dining Hall is now open to day guests, please purchase tickets at the Welcome Center/Trading Post. Meal tickets will be available online soon.
- Pet Policy – Dogs on leashes are allowed on hiking trails but not in buildings or on tours, trail rides. (Please scoop after your pets.)
- CDT Hikers Ghost Ranch is now open to hike through and we can receive your packages. There is no day pass fee for CDT hikers. Lodging, camping and meals fees do apply – Ghost Ranch; 280 Private Drive 1708; Abiquiu, NM 87510.
- Overnight Lodging and Camping – Again, we are having difficulty with our phone system. We are still working to fit all of the individuals, groups and weddings who left monies on deposit for stays planned in 2020 into our 2021 reservation calendar. We are happy to put your preferred dates on a waitlist and can contact you if space is available. You will only be contacted if space is available.
Purchase an electronic gift card for either a Trail Ride or O’Keeffe Landscape tour, another tour or a day visit. Purchase Electronic Gift Card online now!
Use the Trading Post gift card option for use toward lodging, workshops and merchandise.
- See the State’s Travel Restrictions
- Learn more about the state’s red to green policy for business openings and guidelines.
Our staff is trained and certified in Covid-safe practices by the state of New Mexico.
See video below to learn what we’re doing to keep you safe. Scroll down to see details on restrictions.
Slow Reopen with Advanced Reservations We are ready to welcome you back in stages. Closed through March 23 for all except trail rides. Open starting March 24 with limited options Open Wednesdays through Sundays, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm - closed Mondays and Tuesdays....
Following the amended order, Ghost Ranch is CLOSED to all visitors - no tours, trail rides, museum visits, hiking, overnight lodging - until further notice. Help us avoid a hard moment – we are currently turning day guests away. While we are closed, please consider...
On November 13, 2020, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham amended New Mexico's public health orders. Following the amended order, Ghost Ranch is CLOSED to all visitors - no tours, trail rides, museum visits, hiking, overnight lodging -beginning November 16 until further...
Current policy for visitors. Read before making the drive.
UPDATED October 2 On September 3, 2020, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham amended New Mexico's public health orders. The updated order includes the following changes: Residents from states that meet certain criteria are exempt from the 14-day quarantine. Those states...
We continue to follow our Governor's public health order and are proud to announce that Ghost Ranch has been certified "New Mexico Safe" by the state health department. This certification required all employees to pass a series of tests on how to offer customer...
Starting July 7 - two more trails open and overnight lodging reservations being taken in limited number. Due to the July 1 mandate by NM Governor Michelle Grisham, only NM residents who have not been out of the state in the last 14 days or those who have traveled into...
Slow Reopen with Advanced Reservations We are ready to welcome you back in stages. Closed through June 8. Open starting June 8 with limited options with advanced reservations Required Bring your own food and water. The Trading Post, Cafe and Dining Hall continue to be...
Summer 2020 Update Hello, Friends. A few weeks ago, a portion of the alfalfa field was plowed and seeded. This week at Ghost Ranch, the alfalfa field is turning green. The hummingbirds are zipping by the Welcome Center. Afternoon clouds have dropped a few sprinkles...
We are glad to know that for many of you Ghost Ranch is still on the list as part of your New Mexico adventure or a healing visit amid the powerful landscape. Although the governor is working to open access to state parks, non-essential businesses and other venues, we...