…Hope to See You Soon
FAQ’s & Coronavirus Updates as of 8/28
Our apologies, we are experiencing telephone system difficulties. Thank you for your patience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation for Welcome Center, Museums and Trading Post: Open seven days a week, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Masks Are Required in all indoor locations except when eating or drinking per NM state mandate effective Friday, August 20th until further notice.
- Overnight lodging guests only Effective August 28 – Ghost Ranch will now require proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative Covid test (within 72 hours of arrival at the ranch) for workshop and retreat guests, outside group participants and overnight stay guests.
- For day visitors, proof of vaccination or covid test does not apply to day visitors. Day Passes – Book Below – A $10 per person fee includes entry to museums and access to most hiking trails. Rio Arriba County residents and children under 17 are free. If you book a tour or trail ride, a day pass is included.
- We continue to ask day visitors to reserve in advance – this helps us prepare for your visit and saves time upon arrival. Walk-ins are invited if space is available. Help us avoid a difficult moment by reserving online ahead of time.
- Limited wi-fi and cell phone signal available at the Ghost Ranch gate – reserve in advance. The reservation list will be checked at the gate. We will follow state mandates and CDC guidelines for face mask use and social distance. Please honor our site requests, be kind to staff and help us stay safe.
- Overnight Lodging and Camping – Click Here to SUBMIT PREFERRED LODGING AND CAMPING DATES form Please use this link to fill in a form with your preferred dates. This will help us better identify availability.
- The Trading Post will be open and drinks, boxed lunches and small snacks are available. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The Dining Hall is now closed to day guests, please bring your own picnic meals and snacks.
- Pet Policy – Dogs on leashes are allowed on hiking trails but not in buildings or on tours, trail rides. (Please scoop after your pets.)
- CDT Hikers Ghost Ranch is now open to hike through and we can receive your packages. There is no day pass fee for CDT hikers. Lodging, camping and meals fees do apply – Ghost Ranch; 280 Private Drive 1708; Abiquiu, NM 87510.
Purchase an electronic gift card for either a Trail Ride or O’Keeffe Landscape tour, another tour or a day visit. Purchase Electronic Gift Card online now!
Use the Trading Post gift card option for use toward lodging, workshops and merchandise.
Our staff is trained and certified in Covid-safe practices by the state of New Mexico.
See video below to learn what we’re doing to keep you safe. Scroll down to see details on restrictions.
Slow Reopen with Advanced Reservations We are ready to welcome you back in stages. Closed through March 23 for all except trail rides. Open starting March 24 with limited options Open Wednesdays through Sundays, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm - closed Mondays and Tuesdays....
Following the amended order, Ghost Ranch is CLOSED to all visitors - no tours, trail rides, museum visits, hiking, overnight lodging - until further notice. Help us avoid a hard moment – we are currently turning day guests away. While we are closed, please consider...
On November 13, 2020, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham amended New Mexico's public health orders. Following the amended order, Ghost Ranch is CLOSED to all visitors - no tours, trail rides, museum visits, hiking, overnight lodging -beginning November 16 until further...
Current policy for visitors. Read before making the drive.
UPDATED October 2 On September 3, 2020, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham amended New Mexico's public health orders. The updated order includes the following changes: Residents from states that meet certain criteria are exempt from the 14-day quarantine. Those states...
We continue to follow our Governor's public health order and are proud to announce that Ghost Ranch has been certified "New Mexico Safe" by the state health department. This certification required all employees to pass a series of tests on how to offer customer...
Starting July 7 - two more trails open and overnight lodging reservations being taken in limited number. Due to the July 1 mandate by NM Governor Michelle Grisham, only NM residents who have not been out of the state in the last 14 days or those who have traveled into...
Slow Reopen with Advanced Reservations We are ready to welcome you back in stages. Closed through June 8. Open starting June 8 with limited options with advanced reservations Required Bring your own food and water. The Trading Post, Cafe and Dining Hall continue to be...
Summer 2020 Update Hello, Friends. A few weeks ago, a portion of the alfalfa field was plowed and seeded. This week at Ghost Ranch, the alfalfa field is turning green. The hummingbirds are zipping by the Welcome Center. Afternoon clouds have dropped a few sprinkles...
We are glad to know that for many of you Ghost Ranch is still on the list as part of your New Mexico adventure or a healing visit amid the powerful landscape. Although the governor is working to open access to state parks, non-essential businesses and other venues, we...