2019 Ghost Ranch Photo Contest Rules & Regulations
The Eighth Annual Ghost Ranch Calendar Photo Contest is now open.
It is great fun viewing your images of Ghost Ranch landscapes and adventures. You are invited to enter your favorite photographs from your Ghost Ranch visit for inclusion in our 2019 Calendar. Magnificent sunsets bouncing off red cliffs, radiant smiles captured on a hike or trail ride or during a learning retreat, or a favorite space that brings peace and transformation, we invite you to submit these Ghost Ranch moments to our 2019 Calendar Photo Contest.
Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit images. Thirteen photographs will be selected based on how they convey the uniqueness of Ghost Ranch. Because this is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ghost Ranch, each photograph must be accompanied by a $25.00 tax-deductible donation. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Ghost Ranch employees and governing board members. Families of staff, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the thirteen photographs chosen for the calendar. This person will receive free registration to a 2019 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based upon double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. The other winners will each receive ten free calendars.
Photo Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Each photo entry requires a $25 donation, an entry form, and a waiver/release form if a personal object or person is featured in the photo.
- The number of entries per person is unlimited. Photographs without the necessary forms, releases, and donation will not be considered for judging.
- Both Color and Black & White images are accepted.
- Entries must be of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Ghost Ranch will be considered. Photos of Ghost Ranch past or present are welcome. Again, those that are definitely identifiable as Ghost Ranch are most likely to be winners.
- Online submissions can be made at GhostRanch.org.
- Mailed entries: Please postmark by February 15, 2018 to make sure that they are included in the voting process. Online submission has been extended to midnight on March 15, 2018.
- Mail to Ghost Ranch Calendar Contest, attn: Mary Martinez, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. Photos submitted by mail will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided by the entrant.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
- Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian. If personal animals or personal items, such as vintage vehicles, are included in the photos, releases for use from the owners must be available.
- Selected photos will be cropped to fit an 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size.
- Image Format: Jpeg with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. Please do not over-saturate the photos in photo editing software, if possible. Files larger than 3 MB will not load. You may submit a low res file for judging. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.75 x 11.25 inches. Ghost Ranch reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file.
- Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling your photo, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Please include your FirstLast name in the file name. Example: ChimneyRock_DaveSmith
- Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as moon, horse, person) may not be added.
- Photographs submitted will be used for the 2019 Calendar or future calendar contest promotions and follow the guidelines of our Creative Community. Your images once submitted to the contest are then considered part of the Creative Exchange policy found here. https://www.ghostranch.org/explore/photographyfilming/
- Artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by” whenever possible.
- This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.Mailed submissions must be postmarked by midnight of by February 15, 2018.
- Last minute entries are encouraged to submit online by March 1, 2018. Online submission has been extended to midnight on March 15, 2018.
Ghost Ranch has permission to use this photo in print/web publications and visual presentations that promote Ghost Ranch in accordance with the Ghost Ranch’s Creative Exchanage Policy. This will be outlined in a written agreement that is renewed annually. Your entry fee replaces the portion of the policy requiring the donation of a framed item for the Ghost Ranch online auction. Creative Exchange includes participation in an artist forum and other opportunities for Ghost Ranch to support and feature your work in different ways. After photo submission you will receive more information about the Creative Exchange.
Artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by”.