2020 Ghost Ranch Calendar Photo Contest
The 2020 Calendar Photo Contest is open.
We are looking forward to your entries and your support via this fundraiser. Submit your photos and stay tuned for the public voting beginning April 17.
Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit images. Thirteen photographs will be selected based on how they convey the uniqueness of Ghost Ranch. Because this is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ghost Ranch, each photograph should be accompanied by a $25.00 donation. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Ghost Ranch employees and governing board members. Families of staff, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the photographs chosen for the calendar. This person will receive free registration to a 2020 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based on double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. The other winners will each receive ten free calendars. The judging process will be done by a panel of judges that includes staff, artists and photographers. Public voting will be a fun way to share photos and raise judge awareness. Winner of the public voting will receive a Ghost Ranch gift package if not chosen for the calendar. Ghost Ranch has the final word in determining which images will be included in the calendar.
Scroll down to submit your entries using the online form by April 15, 2019.
- Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling your photo, as other symbols and punctuation might stop the uploading process. Please include your FirstLast name followed by an underscore, then add the Description or photo Title. Exclude spaces.
- Example: DaveSmith_ChimneyRockRainbow
If you plan to send your photos in by mail, please postmark by April 1, 2019, for arrival by April 15 to make sure that they are included in the voting process. Mail to Ghost Ranch Calendar Contest, attn: Anna Maria Gonzales, 304 Palomino Street, Santa Fe, NM 87505
View Calendar Photo Contest Rules
Photo Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Deadline for online submissions is April 15, 2019. Mailed entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2019, for arrival by April 15 to ensure that they are included in the judging.
- Each photo entry, $25 donation, needs an entry form, and a waiver/release form if needed. The number of entries per person is unlimited.
- Photographs without the necessary forms and releases will not be considered for judging.
- Both Color and Black & White images are accepted.
- Entries must be of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Ghost Ranch will be considered. We recommend that if people or animals are included their surroundings should be identifiable as Ghost Ranch.
- Photos of Ghost Ranch past or present are welcome. Please refrain from taking photos of Ghost Ranch staff vehicles and other property unless a release is provided by the owner.
- Online submissions can be made at GhostRanch.org.
- Mailed entries: Please use the Download Entry Form button to download and print a form for submittal. Photos submitted by mail will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided by the entrant.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
- Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian.
- Selected photos will be cropped for 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size.
- Image Format: jpg with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. sRGB or RBG color space (standard). Files larger than 2 MB will not load. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.5 x 11 inches. Ghost Ranch reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file. Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling photo, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Include your first_last name in the file name.
- Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as moon, horse, person) may not be added.
- Photographs submitted will be used for the 2018 Calendar or future calendar contest promotions.
- Ghost Ranch has permission to use this photo in print/web publications and visual presentations that promote Ghost Ranch in accordance with the Ghost Ranch’s Creative Exchange Policy. This will be outlined in a written agreement that is renewed annually. Your entry fee replaces the portion of the policy requiring the donation of a framed item for the Ghost Ranch online auction. Creative Exchange includes participation in an artist forum and other opportunities for Ghost Ranch to support and feature your work in different ways. After photo submission, you will receive more information about the Creative Exchange.
- Artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by”.
- This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
Download Calendar Photo Contest Rules
2019 Calendar Photo Contest Entry Form – download, print, fill it in and mail it.
This Ghost Ranch 2018 Photo Contest 13-Month Calendar features Jesse Fisher’s dramatic photo “Winter Chimney Rock” as the cover image.