2019 Ghost Ranch Calendar Photo Contest
The 2019 Calendar Photo Contest is closed.
Thank you for your inspiring entries and your support. Stay tuned for the public voting next week.
Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit images. Thirteen photographs will be selected based on how they convey the uniqueness of Ghost Ranch. Because this is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ghost Ranch, each photograph should be accompanied by a $25.00 donation. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Ghost Ranch employees and governing board members. Families of staff, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the photographs chosen for the calendar. This person will receive free registration to a 2019 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based on double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. The other winners will each receive ten free calendars. Judging process will be done by a panel of judges. Public voting will be a fun way to share photos. Winner of the public voting will receive a Ghost Ranch gift package. Ghost Ranch has the final word in determining which images will be included in the calendar.
Scroll down to submit your entries using the online form by March 15, 2018.
- Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling your photo, as other symbols and punctuation might stop the uploading process. Please include your Subject or photo Title followed by an underscore, then your FirstLast name in the file name. Exclude spaces.
- Example: ChimneyRock_DaveSmith
If you plan to send your photos in by mail, please postmark by February 15, 2018, to make sure that they are included in the voting process. Mail to Ghost Ranch Calendar Contest, attn: Mary Martinez, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510.
View Calendar Photo Contest Rules
Photo Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Deadline for online submissions is March 15, 2018. Mailed entries must be postmarked by midnight February 15, 2018 to ensure that they arrive by March 1. Online submission has been extended to midnight on March 15, 2018.
- Each photo entry requires a $25 donation, an entry form, and a waiver/release form. The number of entries per person is unlimited.
- Photographs without the necessary forms, releases and donation will not be considered for judging.
- Both Color and Black & White images are accepted.
- Entries must be of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Ghost Ranch will be considered.
- Photos of Ghost Ranch past or present are welcome. Please refrain from taking photos of Ghost Ranch staff vehicles unless a release is provided by the owner.
- Online submissions can be made at GhostRanch.org.
- Mailed entries: Please use the Download Entry Form button to download and print a form for submittal. Photos submitted by mail will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided by the entrant.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
- Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian.
- Selected photos will be cropped for 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size.
- Image Format: jpg with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. sRGB or RBG color space (standard). Files larger than 2 MB will not load. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.5 x 11 inches. Ghost Ranch reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file. Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling photo, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Include your first_last name in the file name.
- Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as moon, horse, person) may not be added.
- Photographs submitted will be used for the 2018 Calendar or future calendar contest promotions.
- Ghost Ranch has permission to use this photo in print/web publications and visual presentations that promote Ghost Ranch in accordance with the Ghost Ranch’s Creative Exchange Policy. This will be outlined in a written agreement that is renewed annually. Your entry fee replaces the portion of the policy requiring the donation of a framed item for the Ghost Ranch online auction. Creative Exchange includes participation in an artist forum and other opportunities for Ghost Ranch to support and feature your work in different ways. After photo submission, you will receive more information about the Creative Exchange.
- Artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by”.
- This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
Download Calendar Photo Contest Rules
2019 Calendar Photo Contest Entry Form – download, print, fill it in and mail it.
This Ghost Ranch 2018 Photo Contest 13-Month Calendar features Jesse Fisher’s dramatic photo “Winter Chimney Rock” as the cover image.