Special Offers & Contests
Special Offer – 25% off Nightly Lodging Rates from August 25 to August 29
$125 for a Room with Private Bath for up to two people; $75 for a Room with Communal Bath;
additional people sharing a room $10 per person fee
Includes Breakfast Daily for one or two served in the Dining Hall from 7:30 to 8:30
Labyrinth • Library • Entrance to Two Museums
Monday-Wednesday Morning Yoga at 10:30 am in the Yurt with Richard Wilkinson
Thursday-Friday Morning Guided Hike
The Tenth Annual Calendar Photo Contest is open.
Send your best images for the 2021 calendar. Scroll below to find the entry form.
It is great fun viewing your images of Ghost Ranch landscapes and adventures. You are invited to enter your favorite photographs from your Ghost Ranch visit for inclusion in our 2021 Calendar. Magnificent sunsets bouncing off red cliffs, radiant smiles captured on a hike or trail ride or during a learning retreat, or a favorite space that brings peace and transformation, we invite you to submit these Ghost Ranch moments to our 2021 Calendar Photo Contest.
Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit images. Thirteen photographs will be selected based on how they convey the uniqueness of Ghost Ranch. Because this is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ghost Ranch, each photograph should be accompanied by a $25.00 tax-deductible donation. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Ghost Ranch employees and governing board members. Families of staff, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the thirteen photographs chosen for the calendar. This person will receive free registration to a 2020 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based upon double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. The other winners will each receive ten free calendars.
Mailed submissions must be postmarked by midnight of by March 1, 2020 to be received by March 15, 2020, to be considered. Online entries can be submitted through March 15, 2020.
To Submit, scroll to the form at the bottom of this page.
• Each photo entry should be accompanied by a suggested $25 donation, an entry form, and a waiver/release form if a personal object or person is featured in the photo.
• The number of entries per person is unlimited. Photographs without the necessary forms, releases, and donation will not be considered for judging.
• Both Color and Black & White images are accepted.
• Entries must be of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Ghost Ranch will be considered. Photos of Ghost Ranch past or present are welcome. Again, those that are definitely identifiable as Ghost Ranch are most likely to be winners.
• Online submissions can be made at GhostRanch.org.
• Mailed entries: Please postmark by April 12, 2019 to make sure that they are included in the voting process.
• Mail to Ghost Ranch Calendar Contest, attn: Mary Martinez, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. Photos submitted by mail will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided by the entrant.
• Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
• Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian. If personal animals or personal items, such as vintage vehicles, are included in the photos, releases for use from the owners must be available.
• Selected photos will be cropped to fit an 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size.
• Image Format: Jpeg with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. Please do not over-saturate the photos in photo editing software, if possible. Files larger than 3 MB will not load. You may submit a low res file for judging. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.75 x 11.25 inches. Ghost Ranch reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file.
• Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling your photo, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Please include your FirstLast name in the file name.
• Example: DaveSmith_ ChimneyRock
• Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as the moon, horse, person) may not be added.
• Photographs submitted will be used for the 2021 Calendar or future calendar contests. https://www.ghostranch.org/explore/photographyfilming/
• Photographer/artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by” whenever possible.
• This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.
For questions, email info@GHOSTRANCH.ORG
Download Model Waiver
Ghost Ranch Photo_Model Waiver_019