Directions to Ghost Ranch
Driving to Ghost Ranch
Ghost Ranch is located 65 miles northwest of Santa Fe (forty miles beyond Española) on U.S. 84 between mile markers 224 and 225.
Google Maps: Use 280 Private drive 1708, Highway 84, Abiquiu, NM 87510-2001 as the address to find us on https://maps.google.com and when using your GPS.
MapQuest: Use 1709A Highway 84, Abiquiu, NM 87510-2001 as the address to find us on https://www.mapquest.com and when using your GPS.
If you are driving north from Española, stay on Highway 84 until you pass the Abiquiu Reservoir/Lake. The gate is on your right about 7 to 10 minutes after you first see the lake on your left.
The coordinates to our front gate are 36.330685 latitude and -106.45915 longitude.
From Santa Fe
- Take US 84/285 North to Española (approx. 25 miles).
- Upon descending the hill into Espanola, get into the LEFT lane. Very shortly after entering Española city limits you will see signs for ’84 N. TRUCK ROUTE’, ·
- Turn LEFT onto the 84 N. Truck Route, and move into the RIGHT lane.
- Proceed to LOS ALAMOS HIGHWAY and turn RIGHT and get into the LEFT lane.
- Turn LEFT at the next intersection with the traffic lights, this again will be 84 North.
- Ghost Ranch is 14 miles northwest of Abiquiu.
- Continue on 84 North until you pass Abiquiu Lake on the left of Highway 84 between mile markers 224 and 225. Due to traffic and possible construction, etc., allow at least 1 and 1/2 hours travel time.
- Take State Road 68 south to Española (approximately 35 miles).
- In Española follow signs for US 84 North.
- Take a right turn to go over any of the three (3) bridges over the Rio Grande, following the signs toward Abiquiu or Chama.
- Again, look for Ghost Ranch, on the right off US 84 North, 14 miles northwest of Abiquiu between mile markers 224 and 225.
- Due to traffic and possible construction, etc., allow at least 2 hours travel time.
- Take US 84 south towards Abiquiu. The entrance to Ghost Ranch is approximately on your left off US 84 between mile markers 225 and 224.
- Allow at least 1 hour and 20 to 25 minutes travel time.