This introduction to Seminary of the Wild offers an experiential, nature-based journey of apprenticeship into the wild mysteries of the kingdom of God and an invitation into deeper participation in the restoration of the world, tikkun olam. In addition to Seminary of the Wild Guides and Co-Founders Victoria Loorz, Bryan Smith, Brian Stafford and Matt Syrdal, we will be joined by special guests Fr. Richard Rohr and Geneen Marie Haugen.
For those who long for a more soul-infused life and who yearn to find ways to reconnect to the natural world as a person of faith during a time of deep cultural unraveling.
- A re-enchantment of the natural and wild world and a re-visioning of your deep belonging to this world by reconnecting with your senses, body, emotions, imagination and the earth.
- A re-wilding of the Christian story deconstructing the barriers, the processes of domestication, and distortions that have tamed and suppressed the Earth-based vision of the Christ.
- A re-claiming of your own prophetic voice as a leader engaged in transforming culture during this age of ecological reformation.
- An invitation to embark on your own journey of wild discipleship, expanding your capacity to connect directly with the Holy and follow the radical call of Christ discerning the voice of God, Self and Nature.
For more information about Seminary of the Wild, visit www.seminaryofthewild.com
This workshop is also offered Sunday, July 28 to Friday, August 2 but includes guest speakers Rev. Michael Dowd and Brian McLaren. Richard Rohr and Geneen Marie Haugen are featured in this October event only.
that our workshop price structure packages your tuition, course materials, lodging and meals together in a single rate. Prices are presented for each of the types of lodging available for the workshop you select. Some art workshops will have an additional list of course materials and supplies that can be purchased or you will be asked to bring with you.
- Note: Some courses (especially studio courses and plein air painting courses) can carry an additional material list or expense.
All rates are Per Person, Double Occupancy
unless otherwise specified. Single Occupancy:
Single occupancy rooms may be reserved for an additional $50 per night when space is available. The fee will be charged when space is confirmed. Single occupancy lodging is generally not available during June and July. If you are a single person and do not specify a roommate, a roommate of the same gender will be assigned to share your lodging space or you can request the single occupancy and be charged the supplement of an additional $50 per night (based on availability).
For more information or if you would like to attend this workshop, but do not need lodging, please call the Registrar's Office at 505.685.1001
ext 4155 or toll-free at 877.804.4678
— available Sunday
, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. MST.
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: registrar@GhostRanch.org
- Register by telephone at 505.685.1001 or 505.685.1017 or toll-free at 877.804.4678, ext. 4155 or ext. 4121 — available Monday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST.