Folks who are new to relief printing as well as those who have had prior experience explore the compositional possibilities offered by the linocut. Then, move beyond black and white design and add some color to our compositions using colored papers, colored inks, and stamps as well as by hand-coloring our finished prints. Larn to print with two blocks, a process that requires registration. Participants will need their own knives, linoleum, mulberry paper, a tube of Caligo black ink and at least one tube of Caligo colored ink.
|All Inclusive, Double Occupancy: Private Bath||$1,540.00|
|All Inclusive, Double Occupancy: Shared Bath||$1,465.00|
|All Inclusive, Double Occupancy: Communal Bath||$1,195.00|
|Rio Arriba Commuter||$675.00|
Laura B. DeLind has been cutting and hand-printing linocuts for over 30 years. She enjoys the challenge of black and white design and the interactions of positive and negative space. She is also fascinated by
Download and Print Welcome Letter: DeLind – Linocuts
Linocuts in Black and White and Color
Instructor: Laura DeLind
Start Date: 7/21/19, End Date: 7/27/19
Check-In Begins at 3:00pm at the Welcome Center on 7/21/19. Dinner 5:30 – 6:30; Orientation 6:45 pm
Invitation: This week-long workshop is intended for people who are new to relief printing as well as those who have had prior experience. We will explore the compositional possibilities offered by the linocut. In addition, we will move beyond black and white design and add some color to our compositions. We will do this by using colored papers, colored inks, and stamps as well as by hand-coloring our finished prints. We also will learn to print with two blocks, a process that requires registration. All our printing will be done by hand.
Learning Outcomes: We will learn how to compose using positive and negative space. We will learn how to use color as an accent element in our compositions. We will learn how to design, register, and print using multiple blocks. We will learn how to use stamps, papers and pencils to add color to our prints
1. Beginning printmakers: Learning the basics: cutting, inking, printing, and thinking in terms of positive and negative space
2. More experienced printmakers: Working with colored paper and colored ink
3. Everyone: preparing colored backgrounds for use in Session #2
1. Cutting a new B/W design
2. Printing a B/W design on a colored background
3. Creating and playing with stamps
that our workshop price structure packages your tuition, course materials, lodging and meals together in a single rate. Prices are presented for each of the types of lodging available for the workshop you select. Some art workshops will have an additional list of course materials and supplies that can be purchased or you will be asked to bring with you.
- Note: Some courses (especially studio courses and plein air painting courses) can carry an additional material list or expense.
All rates are Per Person, Double Occupancy
unless otherwise specified. Single Occupancy:
Single occupancy rooms may be reserved for an additional $50 per night when space is available. The fee will be charged when space is confirmed. Single occupancy lodging is generally not available during June and July. If you are a single person and do not specify a roommate, a roommate of the same gender will be assigned to share your lodging space or you can request the single occupancy and be charged the supplement of an additional $50 per night (based on availability).
For more information or if you would like to attend this workshop, but do not need lodging, please call the Registrar's Office at 505.685.1001
ext 4155 or toll-free at 877.804.4678
— available Sunday
, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. MST.
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: registrar@GhostRanch.org
- Register by telephone at 505.685.1001 or 505.685.1017 or toll-free at 877.804.4678, ext. 4155 or ext. 4121 — available Monday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST.