We continue to follow our Governor’s public health order and are proud to announce that Ghost Ranch has been certified “New Mexico Safe” by the state health department. This certification required all employees to pass a series of tests on how to offer customer service in the safest manner possible.
We’ve received lots of inquiries. Here are answers to some of the most-asked questions:
Q. Are you open?
A. Yes, we are open in a limited capacity. We welcome all New Mexicans. We welcome out-of-state guests who have quarantined for 14 days. We offer tours, trail rides and day passes every day. We encourage prior reservations but welcome those without. Click here to make a reservation for a tour, trail ride or day pass.
Q. I am from out-of-state and have quarantined for 14 days. How do I prove that I’ve quarantined?
A. You may provide a receipt from a New Mexico business that shows you have been in the state for more than 14 days. If you have a second home in New Mexico where you’ve been quarantining, you may bring a piece of mail with your NM address. Because of obvious enforcement challenges, we rely on the honor system with our guests.
Q. Are you open for overnight guests?
A. Yes, some rooms are available for overnight stays. Our enhanced cleaning protocol ensures at least 24 hours between guests. Only non-adjacent rooms are being made available to allow space between occupants.
Q. Is your campground open?
A. Yes, the campgroud is open for RVs only. Tent camping remains prohibited.
Q. Do you have any retreats scheduled?
A. We will update our retreat schedule within the next week. Currently, retreats instructed by New Mexicans will be offered at a reduced capacity to New Mexico residents. If, in the meantime, the governor lifts out-of-state visitor restrictions, we will welcome all guests at a reduced capacity.
Q. Are hiking trails open?
A. Yes, all trails have been opened. We request that you make reservations for a day pass online, although those without prior reservations will not be turned away. All day visitors must purchase a pass.
Q. Are the museums open?
A. Yes at a reduced capacity. Depending on the number of visitors, there may be a short wait.
Q. Are snacks and refreshments available?
A. Yes, the Trading Post is open.
Q. Am I required to wear a mask?
Q. What changes has Ghost Ranch made to keep visitors safe?
A. We have made several changes/improvements:
– Check in is now at the main gate. This is so our employees can keep track of the number of guests entering and leaving the ranch.
– Guests will be checked in and asked to fill out a short health questionairre. Guests’ temperatures will be taken.
– All employees and guests are required to wear masks.
– All employees and guests are required to observe social distancing.
– Not all buildings are open to the public. This is so our staff can monitor and clean public spaces more efficiently.
– In areas where lines form (Welcome Center, Dining Hall, etc), decals and signage are displayed to aid in social distancing.
– Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all high-traffic areas
– Hourly cleaning protocols of high-traffic areas have been implemented.