JOIN in OUR 10TH ANNUAL PHOTO CONTEST
ENTER your favorite photos from your Ghost Ranch visit for inclusion in our 2021 Calendar. Winners will be determined by a panel of Ghost Ranch judges with the support of online public voting.
SUPPORT the mission of the ranch. Each photograph should include a suggested $25.00 tax-deductible donation. Send your photos to email@example.com and use the form below to share your donations – NOTE: Form coming soon.
GRAND PRIZE (1) photographer wins free registration to a 2021 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based upon double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. Runners up will each receive ten free calendars.
Model Waiver Form - download PDF
The Tenth Annual
Ghost Ranch 2021 Calendar Photo Contest
It is great fun viewing your images of Ghost Ranch landscapes and adventures. You are invited to enter your favorite photographs from your Ghost Ranch visit for inclusion in our 2021 Calendar. Magnificent sunsets bouncing off red cliffs, radiant smiles captured on a hike or trail ride or during a learning retreat, or a favorite space that brings peace and transformation, we invite you to submit these Ghost Ranch moments to our 2021 Calendar Photo Contest.
Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit images. Thirteen photographs will be selected based on how they convey the uniqueness of Ghost Ranch. Because this is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ghost Ranch, each photograph should be accompanied by a $25.00 tax-deductible donation. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. The contest is open to any individual with the exception of Ghost Ranch employees and governing board members. Staff family, instructors and volunteers are welcome to submit entries.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the thirteen photographs chosen for the calendar. This person will receive free registration to a 2021 Ghost Ranch workshop offering of their choice (communal lodging based upon double occupancy with meals) and ten free calendars. The other winners will each receive ten free calendars.
Photo Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
Mailed submissions must be postmarked by midnight of by April 16, 2020.
- Last minute entries are encouraged to submit online by April 30, 2020.
- Each photo entry requires a $25 donation, an entry form, and a waiver/release form if a personal object or person is featured in the photo.
- The number of entries per person is unlimited. Photographs without the necessary forms, releases, and donation will not be considered for judging.
- Both Color and Black & White images are accepted.
- Entries must be of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Landscapes, interiors, people and animals at Ghost Ranch will be considered. Photos of Ghost Ranch past or present are welcome. Again, those that are definitely identifiable as Ghost Ranch are most likely to be winners.
- Online submissions can be made at GhostRanch.org.
- Mailed entries should go to Ghost Ranch Calendar Contest, attn: Mary Martinez, 280 Private Drive 1708, Abiquiu, NM 87510. Photos submitted by mail will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided by the entrant.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
- Recognizable people in the photographs must be identified by name and include a release form signed by the individual or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or legal guardian. If personal animals or personal items, such as vintage vehicles, are included in the photos, releases for use from the owners must be available.
- Selected photos will be cropped to fit an 8.5” x 11” calendar format. Please keep this in mind when selecting images. They must have a high resolution for printing at this size. Uploads should be less than 3M. If your photo is chosen, we will reach out for the higher resolution file.
- Image Format: Jpg with compression at level 10 to 12 (high) at 300 DPI resolution. Please do not over-saturate the photos in photo editing software, if possible. Files larger than 3 MB will not load. You may submit a low res file for judging. Winners will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300 dpi at 8.75 x 11.25 inches. Ghost Ranch reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to provide a high-resolution file.
- Please avoid using anything other than numbers or letters when labeling your, as other symbols and punctuation might impede the uploading process. Please include your FirstLast name in the file name.
- Example: ChimneyRock_DaveSmith
- Photos may be digitally enhanced but must maintain the original integrity of the image. For example, physical elements (such as moon, horse, person) may not be added.
- Photographs submitted will be used for the 2021 Calendar or future calendar contest promotions and can be used for Ghost Ranch marketing in web and in print with credit given to the photograph.
- Artist retains the copyright to all materials submitted, including ownership, if applicable. Published photographs will credit the photographer with “© Person’s Name” or “photo by” whenever possible.
- This contest is subject to state, local and federal regulations. Certain restrictions may apply.